WHAT IS THE NEED OF YOUR DETAILS?
Download & view College Brochure
Check Detailed Streams & Fees
Shortlist, Compare & Apply
Ask Questions to our Counsellors
Never Miss Important Updates
The Government College of Technology, Coimbatore formerly known as the Arthur Hope College of Technology, was started in July 1945 in accordance with the general policy of the then Government of Madras to give high priority to technical education under the post-war reconstruction schemes in order to meet the demand for trained engineers for various industrial and development projects in the State and the rest of India. The offer of the premises including offices and portions of the workshop and Hostel of the National Electric Works free of rent for a period of three years together with a donation of Rs. 2,00,000 by the well-known industrialist and philanthropist of Coimbatore the Late G.D. Naidu, enabled the college to be started in July 1945. The College was afterwards shifted to the present permanent site of about 45 hectares on the Thadagam Road in June 1950. The College was then renamed Government College of Technology and was affiliated to the University of Madras in 1951.Though initially only Civil and Electrical Engineering branches were offered the Mechanical Engineering branch was introduced in the year 1952.Vision-To produce outstanding Engineers & Technologists To provide world-class Learning Environment To mould students to meet the challenges To equip them to contribute to the Technological, Economic & Social Development of India