Berhampore Girls' College was established in 1946. It is the first government sponsored girls' college in the state of West Bengal. The institution was founded by Smt. Amiya Rao, an eminent scholar and the wife of the District Collector Sri B.G. Rao, as a seat for the advancement of women's education and uplift in this predominantly agricultural and backward belt of the state. Smt. Rao was the first Principal of this institution and was succeeded by Smt. Preeti Gupta, who became an institution in the field of women's education and uplift. This is the first college in the Murshidabad district to be accredited by NAAC, UGC in 2004 and to be assessed according to the new nine-point gradation system. It has been accredited with a B grade with 72% marks.
Infrastructure / FacilitiesView all Details
|Management Name||State Government|
|University Type||State Public University|
|Statutory Body||University Grants Commission|