Infrastructures / FacilitiesView all Details
Hindu College is recognized as one of the premier academic institutions in the country. It stands tall in public esteem and also in the memories of its alumni, many of whom are now prominent figures in government, business and industry, the media and education. Notwithstanding its name, students from all religions have grown up here and excelled in the chosen areas of their interests, be it academics, sports, or extra-curricular activities. Hindu College was founded more than a century ago in 1899, by Late Shri Krishan Dassji Gurwale. In the backdrop of the nationalist struggle against British rule, some prominent citizens including Shri Gurwaleji of Delhi, decided to start a college that would, while being non-elitist and non-sectarian, provide nationalist education to the youth. Originally, the College was housed in a humble building in Kinari Bazar, Chandni Chowk, and it was affiliated to Punjab University as there was no Delhi University at that time. As the college grew, it faced a major crisis in 1902 due to inadequate infrastructure. But fortunately, at this point, Rai Bahadur Sultan Singh generously donated a part of his historic property, (which originally belonged to Col. Skinner) at Kashmere Gate, to the College, thereby enabling it to function there till 1953, following which, it moved to its present location in Delhi University.
Library Facilities Well-equipped laboratories Extensive playgrounds Mens hostel housing nearly 200 students