Govt. Mohindra College, Patiala, is a gift of H. H. Maharaja Mohinder Singh (1852-76) of Patiala to his state subjects. One of the oldest institutions in the entire North India, Govt. Mohindra College, Patiala, is a living monument of rare magnificence and breath-taking grandeur. At the time of its inception in 1875, it was the only institution of its kind in a vast area stretching from Lahore to Delhi.
The College was established to provide free education to the state subjects as this region was educationally impoverished. His Excellency, The Earl of Northbrook, the then Viceroy of India laid the foundation stone of the College building on 30th March 1875. The building was completed in about nine years and His Excellency, Viceroy Lord Ripon performed the Opening Ceremony on 17th March, 1884. At that time the College was affiliated to the Calcutta University. The college imparted free education to the state subjects until 1937. The tradition of imparting free education for girl students up to the graduation level is still continuing.
For Admission Information of Government Mohindra College Patiala(Punjab)