WHAT IS THE NEED OF YOUR DETAILS?
Download & view College Brochure
Check Detailed Streams & Fees
Shortlist, Compare & Apply
Ask Questions to our Counsellors
Never Miss Important Updates
The Department of Legal Studies was constituted on 7.1.1953. At Present the Directorate of Legal studies is functioning at Purasawakkam High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-10. Besides the Law College at Chennai, to satisfy the longfelt need of the people in the southern districts of Tamilnadu, the Government established a second Law College at Madurai.* It was found that the two Law Colleges were not adequate enough to satisfy the needs of students hailing from the Central Districts of Tamil Nadu. So the Government decided to establish two more Law Colleges one at Tiruchirappalli** and another at Coimbatore in 1979 affiliated to the University of Madras to make good this inadequacy. The Blue print for these two colleges was prepared by Prof. S. Master Sankaran, M.L., the then Director of Legal Studies. Prof. B. Santhakumari, M.L., was appointed by the Government as Special Officer for completing the organizational arrangements in establishing the Law College, Tiruchirappalli. The Law College, Tiruchirappalli started functioning at Periyar E.V.R. College Campus, Tiruchirappalli-20 from 18.1.1980. Due to inadequate accommodation facility, the Law College was shifted to Tmt. Pappammal Anna Chathiram, East Chinthamani, Tiruchirappalli – 620 002. Subsequently the College was shifted to the present campus in 1994 and renamed as Government Law College, Tiruchirappalli