Andhra University College of Engineering (Autonomous), Visakhapatnam, is the campus college of University. At the time of inception, was of only a Department of Engineering with Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering as the main branches. In the year 1960, the Department of Engineering was shifted to the present spacious North campus spreading over 150 acres of land. The Department of Chemical Technology, instituted in 1933, was also shifted to the same campus in 1962, adding strength to the Engineering Departments. The trifurcation of the University colleges in 1966, led to the inception of the College of Engineering (Autonomous) as a separate constituent of the Andhra University.