ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CDS 2018
Candidates will have to meet the entire eligibility requirements for CDS 2018 under the categories of nationality, age, educational qualification and physical standards to become eligible for recruitment to academies.
- To apply for CDS November 2018, a candidate must be either a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Refugee from Tibet, who came to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- Even, applicants can be individuals of Indian origin, who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan or other East African Countries of Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, Tanzania or from Vietnam with the purpose of permanent settlement in India.
- However, candidates other than Indian citizens should obtain a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
2. Age requirements, sex, and marital status:
- For Indian Military Academy and for Indian Naval Academy, applicants must be unmarried male candidates, who should have born later than 2nd July 1993 and before the 1st of July 1998 are alone eligible to apply.
- For Air Force Academy, candidates must be between the age group of 20 and 24 years. This means that they should have born not prior to 02nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1997.
- In the case of candidates presently holding commercial pilot license issued by DGCA India, the upper age limit is relaxable up to 26 years. Those below 25 years of age must not be married.
- Wedding is not permitted at the time of training. In the case of married candidates of more than 25 years of age, they are eligible to apply, but during the period of training, they will not be provided with married accommodation.
- For Officers’ Training Academy for SSC course for men, the applicants must be male candidates either married or unmarried born after 2nd July 1992 and before 1st July 1998 are alone eligible to apply.
- For Officers’ Training Academy for SSC course for women, which is a non-technical course, the applicants must be unmarried women candidates or widows without issues and they should not have remarried.
- Also, issueless divorcees with appropriate divorce documents and has not married again are eligible to apply. These candidates should have been born after 2nd July 1992 and before 1st July 1998.
3. Educational qualification:
- For Officers’ Training Academy and for IMA, applicants must be degree holders from a recognized university or they should have equivalent qualification.
- For Indian Naval Academy, applicants must have a degree in engineering from a recognized university or institution.
- For Air Force Academy, candidates must be degree holders from a recognized university with mathematics and physics subjects at the 10+2 level or even engineering graduates can apply.
- Graduate applicants with their initial choice as Air Force or Navy or Army will have to submit the proof of their graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB interview.
- Candidates studying in the final semester or final year of the degree course are also eligible to apply. But, when applying the candidates should not have any backlog papers up to the previous semester or year of the degree course. They will have to submit the proof of their qualifying degree at the time of the SSB interview.
- For admission to IMA and Indian Naval Academy, applicants must have professional or technical qualifications that are recognized by the Government as equivalent to technical and professional degrees.
- In exceptional cases, the commission might treat a candidate without any of the technical qualification as given in the notification as the qualified candidate, if the qualification of the candidate is equivalent to technical qualification as per the commission.
4. Physical standards:
The applicants must be physically fit as per the physical standards for admission to the CDS II and candidates can find the details in this regard from the notification page once it is out.