CDS 2018 SYLLABUS
CDS 2018 Syllabus:
Following is the syllabus for CDS 2018
English: The question paper for English will be designed to test the understanding of English and workmanship of the test takers in this language.
General knowledge: As far as this section is concerned, the general knowledge of the test takers inclusive of the knowledge of the current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience related to their scientific aspects might be expected of an educated person. This paper will have questions that evaluate the knowledge of test takers on history of the nation, and also Geography and answering these questions generally does not require any special study.
Elementary mathematics: This section will have questions under the following chapters:
The recruitment process after the written test is divided into two stages. Only candidates clearing the written test will be invited to these further selection processes. The details about the two-stage process is given below:
- Stage I is called as Officer Intelligence Rating or OIR, which will have tests of picture perception and description test, shortly called as PP & DT.
- The combination of marks in OIR and PP & DT will be considered for shortlisting of candidates to the stage II
- The stage II will have interview, group testing officer tasks, psychology test and also conference. These tests are conducted over a period of four days. Candidates can find details about these tests in the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- There will not be any separate weightage of interview, group testing officer tasks and psychology tests. The marks will be allotted by the assessors only after considering the holistic performance of a candidate in all the tests. Furthermore, marks for conference will be allotted on the basis of the initial performance of the candidate in the three techniques on the basis of the SSB’s decision.
- These tests are conducted to assess the presence or absence of the qualities in an officer and also to evaluate the trainability. With these evaluations, it will be decided whether or not to recommend a candidate at the SSB.