IES/ESE 2018: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
- Indian Engineering Service is the Expansion for IES. It is otherwise referred to as Engineering Service Examination (ESE).
- This test remains the most sought-after career for graduates in the field of engineering in the country.
- The Union Public Service Commission Conducts the ESE examination on a yearly basis.
- This test is conducted as an All India Level competitive examination for recruitment of candidates to the Indian Engineering Service.
- The examination encompasses a couple of stages of written examination and the same is followed by an interview.
- Due to the difficulty pertaining to the test and also the selection procedure, ESE is considered one of the toughest examinations in the country.
- In addition, for a limited number of posts, the competition is really heavy among engineering graduates.
- The reason for competition is that candidates getting through the test and getting placed in IES are respected with the best stature in the society.
- Candidates appointed through this selection procedure are appointed as Assistant Executive Engineers in different departments under the Group A and Group B posts of the central government.
- The different services to which recruitment of the right talents is made through ESE are as follows:
1. Wireless Planning & Co-ordination Wing
2. Indian Telecommunication Service
3. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
4. Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
5. Indian Naval Armament Service
6. Central Power Engineering
7. Indian Defence Service of Engineers
8. Indian Ordinance Factories
9. Border Roads Engineering
10. Central Water Engineering
11. Central Engineering
12. Indian Railways
- Before applying for ESE, candidates are recommended to ensure their eligibility for the test.
- Admission to all stages of the ESE will be done purely on provisional basis subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions only.
- Candidates are recommended to remember that mere obtaining of e-admission certificate does not imply that he/she is a candidate for the engineering service positions.
- The reason for this insistence is that the UPSC will verify the eligibility condition of candidates only after a candidate qualifies for the personality test.