ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IFS 2018
The candidate should either be:
- Citizen of India
- Citizen of Nepal
- Citizen of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee earlier than 1st January 1962
- Migrated Peoples from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam who wish to permanently settle in India.
Age limit for Indian Forest Service is 21 to 32 years for general category.
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- J&K domicile from Jan. 1980: 5 years
- Defence Service candidate of PWD category: 3 years
- Ex-serviceman with five years in military services: 5 years
- Low vision & hearing impaired candidates: 10 years
- A degree from any recognized university of state or central government.
- The candidate should have original Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate.
- Candidates should be graduated with one of the following subjects:
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Otherwise, candidates should have a degree either in