ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NDA 2018
- The conditions for eligibility to apply for NDA NA 2018 is classified into four categories, and they are nationality, age limits, sex and marital status, educational qualifications and finally physical standards
- As far as nationality is concerned, the applicants must be citizens of India or a subject of Bhutan, a citizen of Nepal or can also be a Tibetan refugee, who came to India before the 1st of January 1962 to permanently settle in India.
- An individual of Indian origin, who has migrated from 11 neighbouring countries to permanently settle in India are also eligible to apply.
- However, for those from foreign countries, it is important that they should get the appropriate certificate of eligibility from the Government of India. Those from Nepal need not have a certificate of permission.
- Only unmarried men, who have born after 02nd July 1998 and before 1st July 2001 are eligible to apply for NDA 2018.
- The date of birth as is present in the school leaving certificate of the candidate will be considered for calculating age. Even, the date of birth as specified in the certificate issued by an Indian university will be considered. Once they have provided their date of birth in the application, they cannot change it in the future under any circumstances.
- It is important that selected candidates should not marry until they complete the full training. If a candidate marries after applying for NDA 2018 as an unmarried individual will not be selected for training even though he gets through all the procedures for admission.
As far as educational qualification requirement is concerned, the following should be met by applications:
- Those applying for Army wing of NDA: A pass in the Higher Secondary in 10+2 pattern of school education. Also, individuals with equivalent qualification from a recognised board or university are eligible to apply.
- For Air Force and Naval Wing of NDA and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy: The same qualification as mentioned for the point above, but with physics and mathematics as subjects.
- Candidates appearing for the higher secondary examination under 10+2 pattern in the year 2018 are also eligible to apply. They should submit their valid certificate before the month of December 2018.
- For candidates, who get qualified in SSB, but could not produce their school leaving certificate at the time of SSB interview will have to forward duly self-attested photocopies to Recruitment wing of Army or Naval wing by the 22nd of December 2018.
- Candidates appearing for the 11th standard examination are not eligible to apply.
- As far as physical standards are concerned, the applicants must be physically fit. They should not have ailments like varicocele, tonsillitis, gynaecomastia, piles, undersized chest, overweight/underweight, phimosis/hydrocele, deviated nasal septum or ear wax.
- A candidate, who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds or other reasons from any training academies are not eligible to apply.