UPSC CIVIL SERVICES 2019: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
Notification for the UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination is held on October 28 - November 3, 2019
- UPSC Stands for Union Public Service Commission and this is the central agency in India authorized to conduct Civil Services Examinations.
- Many other recruitment examinations are also conducted by the UPSC.
- The Civil Service Examination is shortly referred to as CSE and it is the nationwide competitive test conducted for recruitment purpose.
- Recruitment of the right candidates is particularly done for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and India Police Service (IPS) by the UPSC through this test.
- The test is conducted in two phases and they are the preliminary examination and the main examination.
- Candidates getting through the preliminary test will have to take up the main examination and those succeeding in the main test will have to go through personality test or interview for the final selection.
- The preliminary examination constitutes two objective type papers and they are general studies and aptitude test.
- There will be 9 papers in the main test, which will have essay type questions.
- Civil Service Examination is a competitive test for which many candidates compete from across the country
- Candidates will have to now apply for prelims alone and those qualifying in the prelims will be called for the main examination, for which they will have to apply separately. The main examination is held from the 28th October to 3rd November 2019.
- Click here know all Important Dates of UPSC Civil Services Mains.
- Before applying for the test, candidates are recommended to carefully evaluate their eligibility to apply.
You may also Read: