EXAM PATTERN, SYLLABUS OF AEEE (AMRITA ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM) 2018
Exam Pattern of AEEE 2018:
Total number of questions
- Candidates are awarded three marks for every correct answer and one mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- If more than one answer is indicated against a question asked, it will be treated as incorrect answer and negative marks will be awarded.
Important Points about AEEE 2018 Computer Based Test (CBT):
- Candidates will be provided computers which are connected to the server.
- There are 100 multiple choice questions in this CBT mode.
- The candidates are required to answer all the questions.
- Candidates in different slots will get different question sets.
AEEE 2018 Paper & Pencil Based Test (P&P):
- In this mode of exam, candidates will be provided printed question booklets.
- There are 100 multiple choice questions in this P&P mode.
- Candidates must bring black ball point pen, HB pencils, pencil sharpener and eraser.
- Complex Numbers
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Relations and Functions
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Two-Dimensional Geometry
- The straight line and pair of straight lines
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Conic Sections
- Vector Algebra
- Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Units and Dimensions
- Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Waves
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Electrostatics, Current electricity, and Magnetostatics
- Electromagnetic induction and Electromagnetic waves
- Ray and wave optics
- Modern physics
- Basic concepts
- Atomic structure, Chemical bonding, and Molecular structure
- Equilibrium and Thermodynamics
- Electrochemistry, Kinetics and Surface chemistry
- Solid state and Solutions
- S – Block elements
- P – Block elements
- D, F – Block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Basic organic chemistry and Techniques
- Hydrocarbons, Haloalkanes, and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones, Carboxylic acids and Amines
- Polymers and Biomolecules
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life