ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AIIMS MBBS 2018
- To apply to the AIIMS 2018, applicants must attain 17 years as on or before the 31st of December 2018
- To apply, candidates must have completed their higher secondary in 10+2 scheme or Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I. Sc.) or an equivalent examination from a recognized board or university. The applicant can be from any Indian state and must have studied biology, chemistry, physics and English as subjects at the higher secondary level.
- Candidates, who will be completing their higher secondary by March 2018, are also eligible to apply. But, their admission will be considered only if they secure the minimum required percentage of mark in the higher secondary examination with English, biology, chemistry and physics as important subjects.
- If a candidate has completed or going to complete the equivalent examination under some other scheme other than 10+2, CBSE or I. Sc, they should provide a proof from the appropriate university/board stating that their qualification is equivalent to the higher secondary.
- At the higher secondary level, the applicants must have secured or must be securing at least 60% for general and OBC category. In the case of SC/ST/OPH candidates, the required percentage of mark is 50%.
- In the case of foreign applicants nominated by the Government of India, they must have obtained at least 50% of marks in English, physics, chemistry and biology. Foreign nationals nominated by government of India need not have to take up competitive entrance test.