ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AIIMS NURSING 2018
The eligibility requirement to be fulfilled by candidates to apply for the entrance exams for different nursing courses is listed below
M. Sc Nursing:
- To apply to this course, candidates must have completed their B. Sc (Hons.) in nursing/B. Sc Nursing (Post certificate)/post-basic/4-year B. Sc Nursing from a recognized university.
- The institute from which they get these qualifications must be recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- They must have secured at least 60% of marks in any of these qualifying degrees, which is 55% for SC/ST Candidates.
- Candidates should also be registered as Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife with any state nursing council.
- Candidates, who will be appearing for the final year of their qualifying degree or those waiting for results can also apply. These candidates should submit their mark sheet for completion of the course before the 31st July 2017.
For B. Sc (Hons.) Nursing:
- Applicants must be Indian citizens and should have or going to attain 17 years on or before the 31st of December 2017.
- Also, to become eligible for admission candidates must have passed higher secondary under 10+2 scheme or equivalent from a recognized university or board.
- Candidates must have studied biology, chemistry, physics and English.
- Only female candidates are eligible to apply for this course.
- Candidates appearing for their higher secondary in March 2017 and also those waiting for results can also apply.
- The minimum aggregate mark required in the qualifying examination is 55% for general category and 50% for reserved category candidates. This percentage must have been secured in biology, chemistry, physics and English papers together.
For B. Sc Nursing (post Basic):
- 10+2 or its equivalent examination should have been completed from a recognized board.
- Candidates with diploma in general nursing and midwifery from an institution recognized by NCI are also eligible.
- These candidates must be registered with any state nursing council.