ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CLAT 2018
For UG Admissions:
- Candidates must be below 20 years of age before the 1st of July 2018. This applies to general and unreserved category candidates, while a relaxation of two years applies to SC/ST/OBC and differently abled candidates.
- The minimum mark required in the higher secondary is 45% for general and 40% for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates taking up the qualifying higher secondary examination in March 2018 are also eligible to apply. However, the result of these candidates should be submitted at the time of admission. Otherwise, they will be disqualified
- In the case of two applicants securing the same marks in the higher secondary, tie breaks will be applicable. The tie breaks include higher marks in legal aptitude section in CLAT-2018, higher age and also the computerised drawing of lots.
For PG Admissions:
- For PG law admissions, there is no upper age limit to take up CLAT 2018.
- Candidates must have 55% of marks in LLB/Five-year integrated LLB or another equivalent course. For reserved category students, the mark required is 50% in any of these courses.
- The applicants must have completed or must have appeared for the qualifying examination on the date of admission. For those in the final year, the qualifying certificate should be submitted within the time frame as prescribed the Institute to which they apply. These candidates might be given provisional admission until then.
- In the case of two candidates with the similar mark in the qualifying examination, the computerised draw of lots and higher age will be considered for the tie-break.