GATE 2018: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
- GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
- This test primarily tests the understanding of the test-takers in different UG subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and PG level subjects in Science.
- The score gained by a candidate in this test will reflect his/her relative performance in a specific subject in the examination across several years.
- GATE score is used for admission to the PG courses like Master of Engineering/Technology and Direct Ph. D.
- Admission through GATE to PG courses is made by centrally funded institutions of higher education.
- Gate 2018 Exam date has been declared. All important dates are here.
- GATE score is also used by some public and private sector organisation for employment of the right talents.
- For the year 2018, it was announced that GATE 2018 shall be held in other countries like UAE, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Nepal, Ethiopia and Bangladesh apart from India. Candidates from other countries can use this score for admission to IITs and IISc.
- Total 7 IITs along with IISc jointly conduct the GATE test, and each year one of these institutions function as organising institution. For the year 2018, IIT, Guwahati is entrusted with the responsibility of conducting GATE 2018. This institution is responsible for the end-to-end process, and this Institute will also coordinate among the administering institutions.
- Indian Oil also recruiting the Officers/Engineers through GATE-2018 where GATE score from GATE-2017 or any previous examination is not valid.
- A candidate may apply in IndianOil only after receiving their GATE-2018 registration number.
- The candidate may log on to www.iocl.com for more detail.
- IndianOil's online application module will go live after the GATE-2018 admit card made available by the GATE-2018 authorities from 5th January 2018 to 4th February 2018
Colleges Accepting GATE