APPLICATION PROCEDURE OF GATE 2018
- GATE applicants will have to apply through the GOAPS expanded as GATE Online Application Processing System.
- Candidates are recommended to prevent themselves from making application through a third person. In case, someone is applying on behalf of a candidate; it becomes important to make sure that all the data is correct.
- The application process should begin with registration as the first step. Registration should be done by providing a valid email address and mobile number and a password for GOAPS. Candidates can register here.
- The password of GOAPS should be remembered by candidates along with enrollment ID.
- Once a candidate is registered, he/she will receive an Email with GOAPS enrollment ID.
- When filling the application online, applicants are encouraged to keep the following details ready:
- Personal information
- Address for communication along with pin code
- Eligibility degree details
- College address with Pin code
- GATE paper to be attended along with the list of GATE choice of cities
- High-quality image of photograph of applicant
- Scanned copy of qualifying degree certificate or mark sheet
- Scanned copy of category certificate for reserved category candidates
- Details of valid ID proof that will be carried by candidates to the examination hall
- Net banking details for making online payment of application fee.
- In GOAPS, candidates can save the application and then can return to continue filling the application
- Before proceeding to the payment sheet, candidates can preview the application to check whether all the details they have entered are correct.
- In case a candidate forgets the GOAPS login ID or password, instructions on retrieval can be obtained from the GOAPS.
- For detailed information on GATE 2018, candidates may log on to http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in or websites of the IITs And IISc, Bengaluru.
- The application fee for women candidates is Rs.750
- For candidates falling under SC/ST/PWD category, the application fee is Rs.750
- For all other candidates, the application fee to be paid is Rs.1500
- In the case of international applicants, the fee applicable is the US $50.
- The bank charges will be applicable as per the norms of the appropriate banks.
How to Pay the Application Fee?
- To make payment, the applicants will be directed to the website of their desired bank to pay the application fee.
- The fee payment can be made through e-challan, debit card or through net banking.
- The appropriate fee amount and the bank charges will be shown to the candidate, and he/she should confirm that the payment is made for GATE.
- The payment should be done as per the instructions they find on the bank website
- Once the payment is made, the candidate will be redirected to GOAPS website
- In case there was a net connection issue during the payment process, and if a candidate has doubt as to whether the payment was made, he/she can visit the GOAPS website to see the payment status. The payment status can be checked through the website of the bank as well.
- Once the payment is made successful, a fee payment number will be generated, which is unique and must be saved by the candidate for future reference.
Colleges Accepting GATE