ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IISER 2017
To get admission in IISER, students have to fulfil the eligibility criteria given below. There are three methods to take admission in IISER
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY):
Students have to pass in SA (2015)/ SX (2016)/ SB (2016) from basic science stream, they can apply.
- Stream SA: Applicants who enrolled in the XI class and having secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in total in Maths and Science subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Exam.
- Stream SX: Those students enrolled in XII standard and secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in total in Maths and Science subjects (PCB) in the class 10th. They must be secured 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Maths and Science subjects in Class 12th before taking up the fellowship if awarded.
- Stream SB: Applicants enrolled in the 1st Year of an UG course in sciences and obtained a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects (PCB) in the XII/(+2) Standard Board Exam. They must obtain 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in the 1st year final exam of B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Math. /B.Stat. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S.
JEE Advanced Exam:
- Students who scored a minimum of 75% marks in Class XII and ensuring a place in the rank list of JEE Advanced for the admission to IITs, they can apply for IISER.
State and Central Boards:
Students who passed their Class 12th in 2016 or pursuing in 2017 in science stream with either
- Marks above or equal to the cut-off percentage that will be announced by DST as eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship 2017. There is 5% relaxation for PD/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category candidates in the DST cut-off.
- The eligibility for Scholarship for Higher Education under the INSPIRE scheme is based only on the performance in class XII board examination.
Applicants who are applying through State and Central Boards channel, they will require to appear and passed the IISER Aptitude Test 2017.