JAM 2018: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
Declaration of the first list of admitted students of JAM 2018 is 22nd of May 2018.
- JAM stands for Joint Admission Test, and this test is being conducted from the year 2004.
- The purpose of the test is to provide admissions to the four-semester M. Sc, M. Sc-M. Tech, M. Sc- Ph. D dual degree, and many other courses.
- Admissions to these courses are offered at IITs and integrated Ph. D courses at IISc is offered through JAM
- These courses are offered for consolidating science as the career option for meritorious and bright students.
- These higher education courses at IISc and IITs provide high-quality education in their appropriate disciplines.
- The curricula of the courses are designed with a view to providing opportunities to the students to develop educational talent that leads to rewarding the challenging professional life.
- IIT and IISc in India are institutions of national importance, and they are also popular around the world for the best quality education in research, science and technology and engineering disciplines.
- These institutions aim are providing an excellent foundation of knowledge, pursue excellence and to enhance creativity in an intellectually stimulating environment for the students.
- The well-equipped research infrastructure and academic ambience of IISc and IITs provide motivation to the students to pursue research and development careers in frontier areas of fundamental sciences and also interdisciplinary areas of science and technology.
- The courses for which admissions are offered through JAM 2018 is offered in IITs in Ropar, Roorkee, Patna, Madras, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Jodhpur, Indore, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Gandhinagar, Delhi, Bombay and Bhubaneswar.
- JAM 2018 is organised by the IIT Bombay and the test is conducted online alone as a computer-based test for all test papers.