ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JAM 2018
Candidates qualifying in JAM 2018 will have to fulfil the following eligibility requirements for admissions to any Indian Institute of Technology for PG courses.
Both Indian and Foreign candidate are eligible to apply.
Percentage Based Criteria:
- All candidates admitted through JAM 2018 should have a UG degree with at least 55% aggregate marks without rounding off, considering all subjects inclusive of languages and subsidiaries combining all years of the degree course for general/OBC-NCL category candidates.
- The minimum percentage of marks required is 50% without rounding off for SC/ST and PWD candidates in the qualifying degree.
Candidate must have a bachelors degree in any stream from the recognized university or college. The students who appear in the final year of the exam are also eligible to apply.
- In the case of applicants with letter grades or CGPA, the equivalence of percentage of marks will be decided by the admitting institution.
- Candidates will have to submit the proof of having passed in the qualifying degree with the least educational qualification as specified by the admitting institution before the 30th of September 2018.
- At the time of admission, all qualifying candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form.
- Even, the candidates might have to undergo a physical fitness test conducted by the medical board formed by the admitting institution.
- In case a candidate is found medically unfit, his/her admission is liable for cancellation.
- It is entirely the responsibility of the candidate to prove that he/she satisfies the minimum educational qualification required for admissions.
- The admitting institution has every right to cancel the admission if a candidate is found unfit for the course.