JEE MAIN 2019: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
JEE Main 2019 offline exam (pen and paper-based exam) will be held on 8th April. The online exam date is 15 and 16 April 2019.
- JEE Main 2019 is the most awaited exam among the students of India. Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Main has been renamed as per the HRD ministry regulations, earlier was called AIEEE.
- It is the toughest entrance exam which is conducted for admission in undergraduate Engineering, architecture course and other technical courses offered by several institutions including the 30 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 FTIs.
- JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) is a two-tier exam. The first one is JEE Main and the second one is JEE Advanced.
- The candidates who clear the JEE Main gets the scorecard, and rank card of JEE Main which makes him or her eligible for the JEE Advanced entrance test and students who clear it becomes eligible for pursuing B.Tech in IITs.
- Total 2,24,000 candidates will qualify for the Jee-advanced Examination.
The top 2 lakhs Rank holders are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. JEE Main 2019 is conducted for-
- 30 NITs (National Institute of Technology)
- 20 IIITs (Indian Institute of Information and Technology)
- 18 Central and state government institutions (CFTI)
Gujarat, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana, which were earlier conducting their state level examination, have also joined the JEE Mains structure. JEE Main is held in two parts-
Paper I (For Engineering)
Paper-II (For Architecture)
- Candidate can opt either PaperI or Paper II and the candidate can also opt for both Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper-I is held in both online mode and offline mode whereas paper II is held only in offline mode.