JEE MAIN 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility includes eligibility requirements related to qualification, percentage, age-related criteria, the number of attempts, year of appearing, and other conditions. Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE, sets the eligibility criteria for the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam for admissions to IITs, NITs and CFTIs. Before applying for JEE Main 2018, participants should get to know the eligibility criteria required to check that they are eligible or not.
- Aspirants whose date of birth is on or after October 1, 1993 (for General and OBC Category) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who belong to reserved Categories like Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) have been given five years relaxation i.e. date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1988.
Note: Date of birth which is mentioned in Secondary Education Board/University certificate will be considered to appear in the exam.
- Aspiring Participants should have passed 12th class or equivalent exam in 2018.
- Students, who are appearing in class 12th or equivalent exam in 2018 can also apply.
- If candidates have appeared in the 12th or qualifying exam in 2016 but had not cleared in 2016, and passed in 2018 are not eligible to apply.
- Participants who are seeking to appear for 12th class improvement in 2018 then they are required to appear for all the five subjects as per the rules and regulations of the CBSE Board.
- It is essential for aspiring candidates to have taken five subjects in the 12th or equivalent exam.
- Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2018 should have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in order to apply.
- However, For admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs & CFTIs candidates must have secured at least 75% (For General and OBC Category) in their class 12th board exams, and for reserved categories like SC/ST/ PWD, it is 65%.
- Board marks will not be considered for calculating JEE Main score from the year 2018 onwards.
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) 2018 examination.
Number of Attempts:
A JEE Main aspirant can avail three attempts for the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam.