ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JIPMER MBBS 2019
- Applicants must be Indian Nationals or they can also be Overseas Citizens of India
- The applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or should be attaining this age on or before the 31st of December 2019. In other words, the applicants should have been born on or before the 1st of January 2001. There is no upper age limit.
- The qualifying examination should have been passed by the applicants in the following manner:
- The higher/senior secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination that is equivalent to the 10+2 higher or senior secondary examination after 12 years of study. In the last two years of the 12 years, candidates must have studied biotechnology/biology, chemistry and physics inclusive of practice tests in these subjects or he/she must have studied other equivalent electives with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the NCERT after introduction to the 10+2+3 education structure as recommended by the National Committee of Education.
- In the prospectus made available by JIPMER for MBBS entrance examination at- given here, candidates can find the list of qualifying examinations in Annexure – I. In the case of candidates, who have the qualification other than those mentioned in this annexure, they will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities for OCI/NRI for admission to the course.
- Applicants must have passed in English, biology/biotechnology, chemistry, and physics individually and must have obtained at least 50% marks taken together in the subjects mentioned above other than English in the qualifying examination.
- In the case of applicants from SC/ST/OBC/OPH the minimum marks required in these subjects taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%, while for OPH candidates from General category, the required marks is 45%.
- For candidates, who will be appearing for the higher secondary in March 2019 and also for those, whose results are yet to be declared can also apply, if they meet the other eligibility requirements like age and the subjects they are studying at higher secondary.