KCET 2018: KARNATAKA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST-EXAM DATE, RESULT
- KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test
- The test is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority of Government of Karnataka
- The test is for admission of students to professional courses like engineering or other allied courses in the state of Karnataka for the academic year 2018-19.
- Previously admission to all courses inclusive of medicine & dental and architecture was done in the state by KCET.
- Now, candidates will have to apply for NEET and NATA respectively for medical & dental and architecture courses.
- For the year 2018, the dates of KCET are from 18th to 19th of April 2018.
- For students taking up the test in Kannada medium, the test date is 20th of April 2018.
- Click here to see other important dates.
- The exam fee for KCET for general and OBC candidates is Rs.650, for reserved category, the fee is Rs.500, and it is Rs.750 for applicants from outside Karnataka.
- Not just candidates from Karnataka, but also applicants from Jammu and Kashmir and other states and even NRIs can take up the KCET test.
- The organising authority for this test has its office at Malleshwaram in Bangalore.
- It is essential that applicants must have at least 17 years to apply for KCET.
- Candidates falling under particular category can get an age exception of 5-6 years.
- For the year 2018, the notification for KCET is out, and candidates can check the same from the official website of the organising authority.
- The official website has past question papers to help candidates applying to easily prepare for the KCET 2018 using the previous question papers.
- Not just question papers, they can find answer keys as well at the official website.
- Once the results are out, the test takers can also check their results from the portal using their registration number.
Ask our Counsellors