ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR LPUNEST 2018
- As the LPUNEST is conducted by Lovely Professional University for different courses, candidates are recommended to check their eligibility requirement on the basis of the course for which they wish to apply.
- For admission to engineering courses, candidates must be Indian nationals.
- To apply for the B. Tech course offered by the university, candidates must either have completed their 10+2 or should be appearing for the 2017 examination from CBSE or ICSE or from any State Board or any other council, college or institution declared as recognized by the Council of Boards of School Education, New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
- To apply for engineering courses with LPU, applicants must have passed in 10+2 or equivalent course with at least 60% of aggregate marks.
- They must have studied English, mathematics and physics as compulsory subject and they will be admitted subject to qualifying in JEE Main or LPUNEST for Engineering 2017 or the appropriate year in which they apply.
- Otherwise, in the case of candidates with more than 90% of marks in higher secondary, they will be exempted from JEE (Main) or LPUNEST requirement and they can get direct admission to B. Tech in their desired branch.
- For courses like B. Tech in like Biotechnology, food technology, biomedical engineering, biotechnology (hons.), integrated B. Tech in Biotechnology - M. Tech, Integrated B. Tech in Biotechnology – MBA, integrated B. Tech in biomedical engineering – MBA and B. Tech in Food Technology – MBA, the subjects students must have studied in their higher secondary level are physics, chemistry, English and either biology or biotechnology or mathematics. The other requirements remain the same.
- For candidates applying to B. Tech in chemical engineering, B. Tech in CHE-Petroleum, B. Tech in Diary Technology and integrated courses with these branches of B. Tech and MBA, applicants must have studied physics, chemistry, mathematics and English in higher secondary. The other requirements remain the same.
- For candidates applying to integrated B. Tech – ME in Agricultural Engineer and Integrated Agricultural engineering and MBA course, they must have studied physics, chemistry, mathematics and English or 10+2 Agriculture. Other requirements remain the same.