MAT May 2017 exam will be held on 7th May in PBT Mode and on 13th May in CBT Mode.
- MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test, this test is a standardised examination that is being conducted right from 1988.
- MAT 2017 exam is to facilitate the B-Schools to select candidates for admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and allied courses.
- Every year MAT is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA).
- The test is conducted for four times in a year namely; in February, May, September and December respectively.
- The test earned approval as the national level test in 2003 from the MHRD.
- On publication of the MAT exam results, candidates, who have taken up the test, will be supplied with score cards.
- This score continues to be the entry card for admission to more than 600 B-Schools across the country.
- The candidates are provided with the option to take the test either as paper-based on the computer-based test.
- The paper-based test is generally conducted on the First Sunday of the months mentioned above. The timing of the test will be 10 am to 12.30 pm on these days.
- Computer-based test is conducted from the 6th day after the paper-based test. Also, this test is conducted in varied time slots.
- The number of management institutions participating in this test varies from one test to another. All the participating institutes are either university departments or university affiliated college that are affiliated either to DEC or AICTE.
- The validity of the MAT score card is one year.
- The test is conducted in all major cities in India
- MAT score is necessary for admission to PGDM or the equivalent course offered by AIMA and other Management institutions participating in the test.
Colleges Accepting MAT