ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NCHMCT JEE 2018
- Candidates must have completed their senior secondary in 10+2 format or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects.
- The English must have been studied by the applicants as a subject of study and it can be functional, elective of core in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 or its equivalent examination are also eligible to apply for JEE 2018 on provisional basis.
- However, the provisional admission of these candidates will stay cancelled if the proof of completing the qualifying examination is not provided at the time of counseling or at the time of admission or latest by the 30th of September 2018.
- The offer for admission is subject to verification of original documents/certificates at the time of admission. If it is found that any candidate is not eligible at the later date even after admission to an institute, his/her admission will remain cancelled.
Qualifying examination for Indian applicants:
- Higher secondary in the 10+2 pattern of senior secondary education from any recognized central/state board like CBSE, CISCE or state boards of secondary education.
- Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination conducted by a recognized board or university.
- General Certificate Education or GCE from Sri Lanka/Cambridge or London at Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University
- Any university/board or public school examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of the Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of senior secondary education.
- Higher secondary vocational examination approved by the SCVT and NCVT of concerned state.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with at least 5 subjects inclusive of English as one of the subjects, results of which would be available for up to 30th of September 2018.
- The upper age limit in the case of OBC and general category candidates is 22 years as on the 1st of July 2018.
- This means that candidates born on or after the 1st of July 1995 are alone eligible to apply.
- In the case of reserved category candidates, the upper age limit is 25 years as on the same date mentioned above. This means that candidates born after the 1st of July 1992 are eligible to apply.
- In the case of physically challenged candidates, the age limit will be as per the category to which they belong.
- The date of birth of applicants as recorded in the pre-university or secondary education certificate will alone be considered as the authentic proof. This certificate should be provided by the candidates at the time of counseling. The same should be produced in original as the proof of age. If a candidate fails to submit the same, he/she will not be considered for admission or counseling.
Physical fitness requirements:
- All the qualified candidates will have to submit a certificate to show their physical fitness at the time of admission. This certificate should have been obtained from a registered medical practitioner as per the preforma given in the Annexure – 1 of the brochure issued by NCHMCT for JEE examination.