EXAM PATTERN OF NIFT 2018
- Mode of Exam: This exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper mode).
- Negative Marking: There will be no provision of negative marking.
- Papers: This exam has been divided into two parts GAT (General Ability Test) and CAT (Creative Ability Test).
- Language: The GAT question paper will be asked in the English language.
- Duration: The test duration is given in the table below.
Phase 1 – Paper Based Test (PBT) – All UG and PG Programmes (CAT and GAT Exam)
Phase 2 – Paper Based Test (PBT) – B.Des & M.Des Programmes (CAT and GAT Exam)
Phase 2 – Computer Based Test (CBT) – B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech Programmes (GAT Exam)
|Section||No. of Questions ( for B.F.Tech & M.F.Tech & MFM||No. of Questions (For B.Des.)||
No. of Questions(For M.Des.)
|English Comprehension/Case Study||25||25||30|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||15||15|
|Time Duration||180 minutes||120 minutes||120 minutes|