POST GRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH FOR MD AND MS COURSE PGIMER MD-MS 2018: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
What to Know About PGI Entrance Exam 2018 for MD/MS Courses?
- Do you know what PGIMER is? PGIMER full form is Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research.
- Popularly known as PGI Chandigarh, this institute in addition to offering medical education also engages in medical research.
- As the name very well denotes Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, in addition to offering MBBS course at the UG level, the institute provides PG medical courses as well.
- Further, PGI Hospital Chandigarh also provides medical treatment to patients.
- The institute conducts separate PGI Chandigarh entrance exam for MBBS Course.
- When NEET is the standard entrance test for admission to MBBS course, the institute conducts PGI Chandigarh exam for MBBS admission separately. PGI does not accept NEET Score for admission to MBBS.
- Similar to NEET PG, PGI Entrance Exam is available independently for the entry of doctors to the PG medical courses like MD and MS.
- The test is conducted two times in a year once for the January session and again for the July Session.
- For the January 2018 session, PGI held the entrance test on November 2017. In this admission process, the first round of counselling was conducted in December 2017.
- The second round is on 9th January 2018, while the third and fourth rounds are on 19th and 27th January.
- So, doctors planning for January 2018 admission session cannot participate now. But, they can prepare for July admission.
- Aspiring doctors planning to take up MD/MS course in PGIMER have the chance to apply for the July 2018 session.
- Notification of the PGI entrance exam 2018 for July is not yet out. However, aspiring candidates can keep checking the PGI Chandigarh Website for the announcement.
- They can expect the publication of the PGI entrance exam dates for MD/MS courses from PGIMER in February 2018.