ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR REAP 2018
- A candidate must make sure that he/she is eligible for admission to different government and private unaided technical institutions in the state of Rajasthan.
- This includes institutions other than MNIT, Jaipur, BITS Pilani and other deemed and private universities.
- They should make sure about the eligibility before they fill up the application for REAP-2017
- If a candidate, who is not eligible is admitted, his/her admission will be cancelled without any further notice as soon as the mistake is detected.
- In this case, the candidates will be wholly responsible for the effects of any harm/loss or damage due to wrong facts were given by the candidate.
Educational Qualification Requirement:
- The minimum educational qualification for admission to the B.E/B. Tech in the state is a pass with at least 45% of marks. The required percentage is 40% for SC/ST/Non-creamy layer. The pass should be in 10+3 or class XII of the Board of Secondary Education of the state of Rajasthan or any other examination as recognised equivalent thereto by the Rajasthan Board or CBSE.
- The subject combination required in class XII for admission to the B.E/B. Tech course is as follows:
- Physics and mathematics as compulsory papers
- Any one of the following four optional papers:
- Computer Science
- Only those candidates, who have passed in each subject of the above combination and meets the least educational qualification are eligible to apply.
- As far as B. Arch is concerned, the eligibility requirement as specified by the Council of Architecture is as follows:
- 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with mathematics as a subject of study. They must have secured at least 50% of marks in aggregate or
- 10+3 Diploma in any stream as recognised by the state or central government with mathematics as a subject of study with at least 50% of aggregate marks. Or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of schools with at least 50% of marks in aggregate with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- As far as age is concerned, only candidates, whose DOB falls on or after the 1st of October 1992 are eligible to apply. However, the age relaxation of 5 years is applicable to SC, ST and PwD candidates. Candidates under this category should have been born on or after the 01st of October 1987.
- The date of birth as recorded in the secondary education certificate or mark sheet will alone be taken as authentic.
Medical fitness criteria:
- Candidates planning to take part in the REAP will have to meet certain physical fitness standards as well apart from educational and age requirements.
- Here are the details in this respect:
- They will have to deposit their medical fitness certificate when they report in the allotted institutions.
- The certificate should in the prescribed form and it should be from a certified medical officer of the Rajasthan Government or should be a Registered Medical Practitioner according to the medical standard given below:
- The height should not be less than 1.5 m in the case of male candidates and it should be not less than 1.4 m in the case of female candidates.
- Weight should not be less than 45 kgs in the case of male candidates and should not be less than 37 kgs for female applicants.
- In the case of male candidates, the chest measurement should not be less than 69 cm with satisfactory limits on contraction and expansion.
- There should not be any abnormalities in heart or lungs.
- The applicant with piles, hydrocele or hernia and similar temporary disqualifying factors should be rectified before joining the course.
- The vision should be normal. In the case of any defects, the same should be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the case of worse eye. The eyes of the applicants should be free from any congenital and other disorders.
- In the case of candidates applying to mining engineering courses, the applicants should be free from any color blindness.
- Hearing ability should be normal and in the case of any defects, the same should be corrected.
- Speech should be normal and all in all, the doctor must certify that the candidate is medically fit for the engineering profession.
- To take part in REAP, candidates must meet any one of the following domicile criteria as well:
- Category A: Candidate himself or herself or any of his/her natural parents should be a bonafide resident of the state of Rajasthan.
- Category B: Candidates should have studied continuously as a regular student in approved educational institutions in the state for the previous three years up to and inclusive of the year in which the candidate has passed or appearing in the qualifying examination.