ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR WBJEE 2018
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE 2018
- Applicants must be citizens of India to apply for WBJEE.
- The lower age limit for applicants is 17 years as on the 31st of December 2018.
- A candidate should not be born on or after the 1st of January 2000 to apply for WBJEE-2018.
- To apply for degree level marine engineering course, the lower age limit is 17, and upper age limit is 25 years as on the 31st of December 2018.
- To apply to the WBJEE test, candidates must have passed the qualifying examination, which is 10+2 with physics and mathematics along with any one of the following subjects as compulsory papers: Computer application/computer science/biology/biotechnology or chemistry both in Theory and Practical. They should have done the course in regular mode.
- Applicants must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) in all three subjects taken together.
- The applicants must have passed English in 10+2 with at least 30% marks.
- The board from which the course was completed must be a recognised board either by the state government or the central government.
To Appear for Paper-II also:
- Applicants must have completed their 10+2 examination with physics and chemistry along with any one of the following subjects if they wish to appear for paper-II of WBJEE: computer application/computer science/biology/biotechnology or mathematics with individual pass marks both in practical and theory wherever applicable. The course must have been done on a regular basis. The other rules remain the same as above.
- Candidates appearing for the 10+2 in March 2018 may also appear, but he/she will not be eligible for allotment of a seat for admission if he/she does not qualify in the higher secondary with the required percentage of marks.
- The WBJEE board will not verify the details provided by the candidates in the initial stages of the admission process. So, candidates are recommended to make sure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying. Also, there is no scope for changing the information provided once the online application is submitted. So, candidates are responsible for providing the right information.
- In the case of candidates applying to B. Pharm, they must have a pass in higher secondary or equivalent with chemistry, physics, and mathematics as compulsory papers with at least 60% of marks, which is 45% for reserved category candidates. They should also have secured at least 30% marks in English.
- Candidates are recommended to check the institute-specific eligibility requirements, before applying to WBJEE for any course.
The candidate may visit the Official Websites of WBJEE to fill the Application form. Start date to fill the Application form is 19 December 2017.