EXAM PATTERN OF XAT 2018
|Paper No.||Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Timing||Negative Marking|
|Paper - 1||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||27||170 Minutes||
|Verbal and Logical Ability||21||21|
|Paper - 2||General Knowledge||25||25||35 Minutes||No Negative Marking|
- At the initial stage of the selection process, the score of general knowledge section will not be considered to determine the percentile and cutoff.
- Each question will carry equal marks. Candidates can leave 12 questions unattempted, but beyond this, there will be a reduction of 0.05 marks for those un-attempted questions.
- There will be a negative mark of 0.25 for wrong answers.
- Questions with more than a single answer will be considered incorrect.
- There will not be any negative marking for general knowledge section
- For 2018, the test which was held recently, there were 72 questions in total and for 2016, it was 78 questions in total.
- During the test held on 8th of January 2018, there were 24, 21 and 27 questions respectively for the first three sections mentioned above. The general knowledge part had 25 questions and there was also an essay writing question.
Colleges Accepting XAT