PREPARATION TIPS FOR GRE 2018
Following are the GRE preparation tips:
- In today’s competitive scenario smart work pays more than hard work.
- The examination has a time limit with difficulty evenly distributed, so it is advised to have a strategy before the examination.
- One need to prepare the time to be given for each question of different sections and utilising certain time saved for attempting the difficult question.
Check on Preparation:
- It is always necessary to know whether the study plan prepared is doing the needful work.
- One can take up mock test and appear once a week and know the progress.
- The areas of focus are to be marked and improved.
- The stronger areas are also to be revised as to get maximum efficiency from such areas.
Looking for suitable resources:
- Every person has a different style of reading, practising and learning.
- It is necessary to search for such books, test series that fits ones need.
- In doing so, the efficiency is maximised as one gains confidence and stays calm during the examination.
- The selected course should be authentic and must be reviewed before taking up the resources.
Minimize the stress:
- There is always an immense pressure during the day of examination.
- One need to stay calm and relaxed while attempting the paper.
- This helps to take the correct decision under difficulty and think clearly for an answer.
- Proper sleep and diet are recommended to keep the stress level low.
- The quantitative section can only be improved with daily practice.
- The different section of maths is to be practised daily.
- The formulae and the method of solving various question are to have great speed
- Apart from speed, one needs to develop the accuracy too.
- This can be simultaneously developed with daily practice.
- It is generally a misconception that if the vocabulary is good, the verbal section can be cleared.
- The main need is understanding the text and making sense.
- It is advised to develop a habit of reading advanced texts daily.
- The editorial section of the newspaper, novels may be stepping stone in improving reading efficiency.
- During reading, the new words encountered should be understood and remembered for future use.