IELTS 2017: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
- IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System.
- It is a test which measures the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work or migrate where English is used as a language of communication.
- It levels of proficiency is represented by a nine-band scale, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9).
- IELTS is available in two test versions:
- General Training
- It tests four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- IELTS is the world's most popular English language test
- IELTS is available at more than 1,100 locations worldwide,
- IELTS is jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, and IDP: IELTS Australia.
- The test is conducted by the British Council.
- Australian student visa is not guaranteed without an IELTS score for a person from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and many other countries.
Who accepts IELTS scores?
- The IELTS test is accepted by about 9,000 organisations, including universities, professional bodies, employers and migration authorities.
- IELTS is the only English language test that is accepted by all of the key immigration authorities, for visa applications and migration purposes, in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.