TOEFL 2018: EXAM DATE, RESULT, ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION FORM
Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) is a most respected English language test conducted to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enrol in English-speaking universities.
- It is administered by Educational Testing service (ETS).
- TOEFL is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other being the IELTS.
- It is an international level test.
- TOEFL tests the international students’ usage and understanding of North American English as it is spoken, written and heard in college and university settings.
- TOEFL score is accepted by institutes and universities of about 130 countries, including US, Canada, Germany, UK, Australia, France, and India.
- TOEFL is conducted more than 50 times a year by ETS. It is usually held on Saturdays and Sundays.
- TOEFL may not be required by students from countries where native language is English.
Who Accepts TOEFL scores?
- As many as 9000 colleges, institutes and other agencies in almost 130 countries including U.S.A., India, Germany, and Canada accept TOEFL scores.
- Immigration departments consider TOEFL scores to issue visas for residential and work purposes.
TOEFL scores are considered valid even for issuing professional certificates in licensing and medical department.